Virtual Appointments with Dr. Jeffrie Leibovitz
Can’t make it to our office? No problem!
The world has slowed down due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, but not everything can (or should) wait for all our routines to return to normal. Foot and ankle problems don’t care about your ability to get around, or what’s going on outside.
Fortunately, we have a way for you to stay on top of managing your foot and ankle care even when you are physically unable to come to our office:
Virtual appointments, aka telemedicine services.
Regardless of whether you’re limited by illness or quarantine, a lack of transportation, scheduling conflicts, or any other reason, a virtual telemedicine appointment is how you can still receive expert insight and analysis from a foot and ankle specialist.
What is telemedicine?
Telemedicine is when we use technology (in this case, Zoom and whatever screens you may have at home) to provide clinical services to you. An in-person visit is not required.
Essentially, this allows Dr. Leibovitz to perform a remote visual inspection of your foot or ankle, communicate directly with you, and answer all the questions you may have – all while he remains in the office, and you in the comfort of your own home.
Here, in a nutshell, is how a virtual appointment works at our practice:
- You contact our office to schedule a virtual appointment.
- We will send you a link.
- At the time of the appointment, click on the link using the device you want to communicate through, and you will be linked with us. When both sides are ready, the appointment will begin.
There’s a bit more information below on what works best for this, but it’s really that simple! (And, of course, if you do have additional questions, we are always happy to answer them beforehand.)
Is telemedicine right for you?
Appointment types that work very well for a virtual consult include:
- Initial inspections. Dr. Leibovitz can visually inspect your foot or ankle over video. He can then provide a diagnosis and/or recommendations on what to do next.
- Follow-up appointments. Dr. Leibovitz can examine how a wound is healing or check in on the progress of an ongoing treatment.
- Questions and advice. Have a question about your health care and want answers from a real medical professional? Telemedicine is by far the easiest way to do it.
Our telemedicine appointments are ideal for anyone who must stay home, is caring for children, or doesn’t have transportation to get to our office. You do not need to have a qualifying reason for “permission” to use this service, though. Just ask!
If it is determined that you should come in for more urgent or direct treatment, our office is taking all measures necessary to provide as few risks to our patients as possible. Learn more about these measures on our Valet Medical Services page.
What do you need for your appointment?
Before scheduling your virtual appointment, please ensure that you have or will have:
- A device capable of making and receiving video calls, such as a smartphone, tablet, or laptop computer with a webcam and microphone.
- A stable, reliable internet connection
- A private, quiet, and well-lit location to take the call
When you follow the link you provide, your device may ask to download a Zoom app, or allow access to your microphone and camera. Please make these allowances (and again, if you have questions, please don’t hesitate to ask).
We also encourage you to have a trusted family member or friend present with you during the appointment. They can provide assistance or help you take notes as needed.
Is telemedicine covered by insurance?
While telemedicine services have been increasingly covered by insurance companies, the answer depends on your specific provider and plan. With the situation changing so dynamically, the best way to determine your current coverage is to contact your provider.
How can you request your virtual appointment?
If you’re ready to request your virtual appointment with Dr. Leibovitz, please complete the form on this page.
A member of our office will follow up with you during our regular office hours to schedule your appointment, make sure you have everything you need, and answer any questions you may have.
If you’d prefer, you can also reach out to us directly by phone at (317) 545-0505.
We look forward to serving you—wherever you happen to be!
Web Design by CP Solutions
Marketed by VMD Services